Sunday, October 3, 2010

There's a Film in the Kitchen.

I have already started to work on my video project. Not due for another few weeks, but I figured I'd work on it anyways. I've never done video before. At least, nothing more than holding a camera up over my head at a concert and getting a short clip. I'm more of a photo taker personally.

So, having to film something performative. That was interesting. I was pretty stumped for ideas. (Though I did know I wanted to borrow the D90 from work to film.) So stretching the definition of performance, I went with a simple, everyday task. My mother cooking in the kitchen. She made some sort of frittata. So I basically got some shallow d.o.f. shots and will attempt to edit those later.

Filming is a little more fun than I thought. Though I've always had issues holding a camera steady, or straight for that matter. We'll see how things turn out...

No comments:

Post a Comment