Monday, October 25, 2010

Midterms and Another Drawing Assignment...

Had my Art History midterm today. I don't think I did too badly. But I also don't think I studied everything I should have. I also forgot most of the things I studied because I was in a frenzied panic to get to school on time. I'd like to thank the tard responsible for slowing up and eventually stopping the subway today. Thank you. I almost missed my exam and had to spend an extra 10$ on a cab. At least I managed to make it on time.

As for Drawing class. We have to do some metaphoric piece with an object, can have a human form in it, and must contain text. Going with what I know, I'm sticking with the Geisha theme, which has completely taken over my art work the past couple months. I'll be doing a version of my Kikumaru photo (look to your right -->) with a lantern in the background and a fan with the Hanafusa okiya crest on it and the words "Living Art."

I'm sure my teacher will find something wrong with it, but I've FINALLY come up with a composition, after worrying about it for nearly two weeks, so whatever. She'll have to deal with it. I like it.


The sketches so far. The plan is to go crazy mixed media with this, using pen, pencil, ink, watercolour, and pencil crayon. We'll see if that actually happens. But as it stands, this is somewhat close to the composition I want. ... And I have a thing for borders, so it will be surrounded by one.

No comments:

Post a Comment