Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tokyo + The Subway

Some more form and structure assignments. This time, something a little more like a relief using found objects and working with the 12x12 grid. I didn't really know what to do for this until a week before it was due and started looking at maps of subway systems. I of course chose Tokyo. Having travelled on that system myself and being amazed at the sheer size and organization of it.

It's pretty much cardboard glued onto a 12x12 wood canvas, with pins stuck in it every 2 inches and thread in multiple colours serving as the different subway lines. It's only a section of the map, of course. Because there are at least a dozen lines +. Our teacher wants photos of process, so here they are.






Also, in light of the recent events that have taken place in Japan, I do encourage everyone to donate what they can to help out. It really is a wonderful country, with wonderful people. Everyone I met was so kind and so polite, and this really is a tragedy. I know in Canada you can text ASIA or REDCROSS to 30333 to donate 5$. I believe in the States it is REDCROSS to 90999 for 10$? Either way, there are dozens of ways to donate. So help in any way you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment