Thursday, March 3, 2011

Nikon

So, when I was about 6 or 7, my lovely little cousin decided he wanted to be a photographer. He picked up my parents' Nikon film SLR, and dropped it onto the concrete floor. Until about a week or so ago, it sat up in our cupboard, supposedly broken and useless. Sort of upsetting, as I never learned how to use it. I doubt I ever even picked the thing up to take photos. Taking photography classes and with nothing to lose, I took it in to work, and voila! Dave fixed it. I now have a working film SLR. With no manual, a loose rewind knob, a dented lens that can't take a filter. But it works.

Took a few test rolls. One of which was a dud because I apparently fail at loading film. I'm really going to have to get better at this.




I think it's a Nikon FE? My parents can't remember what they bought. The thing's almost thirty years old and caked in dust anyways. But I'm fiddling around with it. Maybe I'll have some decent shots to post one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment