Thursday, February 3, 2011

Painting Planning

Don't have many assignments to post here yet. It's mostly been writing and drafting so far. And a photo assignment in a photobooth. ... Which I won't be posting. =| However. I do have my plans for my first Nature and Culture painting assignment. Three 2x2 canvases of a landscape moving from naturalistic to abstract. I'm taking inspiration yet again from Mika Ninagawa, and painting some colourful flowers and cheeryblossom trees.



At the moment, I am half way through the abstract and mostly done with the naturalistic painting. I will be starting the cross over painting in the middle (half abstract half natural) in class today. We'll see how it turns out. I'm still unsure of how I want to finish the abstract, but I'd better decide before the week is up. I've only got so much time. Hopefully I can post a finished painting soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment